With Thanksgiving around the corner, I thought I would share a few recipes I would like to try soon.
A few days ago, I noticed a steep shift in my presence and energy. I found myself drowned in complete exhaustion, feeling sluggish, and uninspired. Not a place that I haven't experienced before. Usually, I just shake it out, but the other day I decided I wanted to do something about it. I read my favorite wellness blog and compiled a list of realistic goals geared prominently towards my wellbeing (below). I found myself completely inspired and felt refreshed to challenge myself. To track my growth and share what I've learned, I've added a new "wellness" section to my blog.
1. Drink 8 bottles of water a day. This one is an easy one for me since I am naturally inclined to water.
2. Drink 1-2 cups of herbal tea daily. Also, very natural. I love tea!
3. Wake up an hour earlier than I would before. This might be the most difficult since I am not a morning person. If I received a penny for every time I hit the "snooze" button, I would own a bank.
4. Stretch every morning. To wake up the body and for a smoother transition to wakefulness.
5. Go to the gym at least twice a week. Since I am mostly busy during the weekdays, it's hard to fit in some time to workout. Two days is a fair deal and if I don't have time during the week, I can always use the weekend.
6. More veggies than carbs on the plate. I am carb crazy! I love pasta, bread, muffins, and cake. But it's not too bad because I love broccoli, asparagus, kale, and spinach too.
7. Post on the blog at least twice a week. I have not been doing such a good job at updating the blog with new posts, but I want to change that since it's through blogging that I get inspired the most.
8. No soda. I officially stopped drinking soda last week. I didn't mind since I'm not particularly fond of the beverage, but it's still a step in the right direction.
9. Go on a workout outside of the gym at least once a week. Whether it be hiking, biking, or ice skating.
10. Set aside 30 minutes for meditation or yoga daily. Something that I can do to begin, continue, or end my day with a refreshed mind and body.
11. Take more photos. This may correlate to the goal #7, but I've discovered that I would really like to explore photography more. Paying attention to interests contributes to development what type of person you might be.
12. Go on more adventures and trips. To the mountains, to the cities, anywhere really, as long as I'm out and about, learning new things.
13. Breakfast everyday. I tend to make a habit of skipping breakfast on the weekends since I sleep in and although sleep is good, I definitely believe breakfast is the one meal you should never skip.
14. Leave my comfort zone at least once a day. I tend to be a very quiet and reserved person, but equally as sociable as the average human being. I am not afraid to admit that I do not naturally feel inclined to approach someone or something that is out of my comfort zone. However, stepping out of the boundaries is where I've noticed the most development and well-being evolve which is why I would like to challenge myself with this each day.
There are many great photographers out there, but very few have artistic vision that sets them apart. Regina Lemaire Costa is one of those very few. She tells us stories through her photos, ones that capture the raw beauty of everyday life.
Every morning is the same. I get up and can't decide what to wear. I'm feeling inspired by Isabel Marant lately and have taken away some ideas.
01. Start with the basics. A flattering pair of jeans and simple tees.
02. Experiment with texture. Leather, lace, sheer chiffon.
03. Ankle boots go with about anything.
Fall is here! And I can't be anymore happier. Along with the season comes layers of clothes to go with the chilly weather, fresh coffee, crunchy leaves, and movie nights inside. To celebrate my favorite season, I've put together a few things for an autumn night in.
A few things I'm looking forward to this fall...
Eating... hearty soups.
Drinking... coffee and tea and hot cocoa.
Reading... a book by Gillian Flynn.
Walking... in the woods.
Wearing... sweaters, boots, jackets, moccasins, my favorites!
Cooking... stew and chili.
Working... on the blog.
Learning... how to metalsmith.
Traveling... to New York and around the east coast.
Wanting... to go shopping for a sleek leather jacket.
Watching... the rest of Breaking Bad and How I Met Your Mother.
Inspired by: Karen Walker Utopia SS14. The colors, the composition, the textures are all so beautiful and new to the eyes. My favorite looks are above, but the whole collection deserves a good screening.